Keep your teeth clean & healthy – they’re yours for life.
When you are wearing braces, brushing is a little different. Brush where:
- The brace meets the tooth.
- The gum meets the tooth.
- You bite your food.
This is how to brush:
- Firstly, place the brush over the brace where it meets your tooth. Use small circular motions to remove the plaque. Start at one side of the mouth and work your way around to the other. Do this on each bond for 5 seconds.
- Next brush the bottom of the brace in the same way.
- Now use the interproximal brush (Christmas tree shaped brush) to clean beneath the wire. Make sure to brush up and down against the bonds.
- Secondly, place the bristles where the gum meets the tooth. Brush in a circular motion. Start at one side of the mouth working your way around to the other.
- Then repeat this on the inside.
- Lastly brush the tops of your teeth where you bite your food. You can brush in a back and forth motion here. Again work from one side to the other.